Friday, September 26, 2014

And Then Life Happened

           It was my full intention to continue my narrative of what has brought me to the place I am now. Spoiler alert, it was going to end with me finally being in a state of peace and ready to continue my journey free from stress and limitation. That story has a different ending now, funny how your life can quite literally change just overnight.

          I had a ton of trouble sleeping last night and probably didn't meander off to bed until close to 5am. I woke up around 9am to a phone call, turned on the tv and eventually went back to sleep. The next time I opened my eyes I was startled by a banging noise coming from the hallway. Was the cat making that awful racket? Had maintenance come in and I didn't hear them knock? Was it already past 5pm and my husband made it home?

        I threw on a gown and walked into the hallway and determined it was my husband on the phone in the bathroom, I looked at the time, it was only noon. Still groggy and startled I knocked on the door and he opened it with the phone to his ear, I think it was his brother. As he got off the phone I told him he scared me and asked him why he was home so early. He only said go look on my night stand, which is his classic style of answering questions irritatingly skewed. I went to the bedroom and looked, on the nightstand was a piece of paper with his company's letterhead. In bold letters at the top it read, Letter of Termination.

       I'm still feeling pretty gutted and feel our life and plans starting to unravel and fall into a tailspin once again. I have no idea what we are going to do. I'll write more later, for now writing this was hard enough.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear the news. Hopefully, he'll be able to find something new soon, and it will be a better fit. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I needed that. I hope so, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I don't have very high hopes... but that's a post for another day.

      Delete